TuneIn is probably the best free app for listening to online radio stations with over 50000 radio stations and a nice, easy-to-use interface.
It’s a free app for iphone and if you love listening to online radio station it’s definitely the best you’ll probably find. With a search-able database of over 50000 stations you will soon be streaming your favorite music.
What I love about the app:
1. Easy to use interface: Easy search screen and extremely simple to add to favorites, browse, get suggestions.
2. Great selection: I listen to predominantly Christian music and found a truckload of stations!
3. Lots of streaming options: It lists streaming options if more than one is available for your station.
4. Presets: One touch addition of stations to your favorites/presets list. Also has a cool feature of adding specific songs to your presets list – so you can find where the song is playing at a later time.
5. Great station info: On most stations it finds the program that is playing, the song/artist info. It also pulls out the schedule and playlist from the station if this is available.
6. Suggestions: It lists other stations you will probably like based on your listening pattern and presets. I found this surprisingly accurate.
7. Clock: There is a nifty clock display which can replace the player screen. Also has timer, alarm and sleep features inbuillt which are useful options
8. Usage stats: It tells you the amount of bandwidth you have used on your wifi or your 3G network
9. Local Radio: It determines your location and then lists local stations so you can easily find that station that you love!
10. Share feature: Hit the envelope symbol when you are playing your station and share your music on facebook, twitter or by email.
I really haven’t found any disadvantages as yet. There have been a few updates and this just keeps making the app better. I am attaching a few screenshots of the app and it’s functions that you may find useful.