Human motivation is necessary to embark on something new.
Human beings are logical. You might take a ‘decisive’ horse to the water, but feed him? Never. It is always good to outline the reasons and motivations involved before embarking on a trip. And this list is just a form of self examination to help you clarify all your uncertainties. Should you make up your mind or not?
1. You have a dormant Guitar: This is a common case I’ve handled. When I say dormant, i mean you don’t really know how to play it. The guitar only serves as a decoration. Many people buy the guitar with the hope to learn it. But they keep procrastinating until the guitar itself starts to wear out.
2. You have the talent: Obvious to you, you love music. Even to an extent that it can distract you whenever you are undertaking a project. Well, music is a niche you will easily find comfort. Your talent is something you naturally can do with little or no effort or training. I define talent as something you will love to do all day. It just agrees with your system. Then you should go for it.
3. You are a singer: You’ve probably heard, learning at least one musical instrument improves your singing ability and dexterity. It’s no news. Since music is universal, learning the guitar will give you a clearer visual experience of notes, pitches, e.t.c.
4. You want more cash ($): Many people earn expensively just because they know how to play the guitar. Just like that? Yes, you probably know already, else you will not be reading this paragraph over again.
5. You need a new hobby: I’ve discussed with some people in all works of life, and after approaching me I somehow gave them reasons to break new grounds. You are probably tired of all your involvements so far, maybe you think you are not much fun. You want to explore yourself more. Music is the place to be, my dear. And let me tell you, the acoustic guitar is the most portable musical instrument you can find around, especially in Nigeria.
6. You envy Guitarists: If you can’t beat them, you join them. It’s as easy as that. You wonder how guitar players make those beautiful sounds, and I’m telling you that you will be surprised that it’s something you probably can do far better than us.
7. You want to Inspire Your World: I’ve met many people who were challenged to embark on something in their life(not musical), just because they were inspired by the dexterity I showed on the guitar. Somehow, their is this nudge in every human that awakens to jeer us up that “if he can be excellent, then I can too”. There is nothing like making others fulfilled just by pursuing what you like and doing it with a difference.
8. You are reading this post: Somehow, I’m convinced that because you read this post at least once, you should read the articles this website has to offer and ultimately enrol in my guitar lessons.