This is just my opinion on A.R.Rahman’s top ten tamil songs, just tell me if you agree.
First off, this is just my opinion. Please don’t flame me for not including some songs; instead, constructive criticism is appreciated. Tell me why an A.R.Rahman song should be in this list, or why an ARR song shouldn’t be.
NOTE: This list only contains movies in Tamil that aren’t dubbed from Hindi.
10. Vennilave from Minsara Kanavu. Some of you will be very angry that this is just at number ten, but as I told you before, it’s just my opinion. I’ve listened to this song for about a million times and have got slightly bored of it… I guess. It’s a classic, and should’ve been at a place below 5, I know, but right now I feel that this is its right place.
9. Pachai Nirame from Alaypayuthe. The sitar bit that starts the song off is enough to get this song into the top ten. Amazing composition from ARR. It’s simply soul-stirring.
8. Elay Neram Vandhidichu from Sakkarakkatti. Weird choice? Not at all. Powerful, energetic rendering by Naresh Iyer and Krish! The feel is just too awesome, and the guitar is the icing on the cake.
7. Nenje Nenje from Ratchagan. Oh, Sadhana Sargam, how lovely your voice is! Half the song is sung by Yesudoss and the other half by her. The beat is different and soft as is the rest of the song, right from the instruments used to the tune and selection of artists.
6. Ennai Kaanavillaye from Kadal Desam. Very nice lyrics by Vaali has made this song a masterpiece. The two voices of SPB and Arun suit the two characters perfectly. Here’s a tune that’s both catchy and melodious.
5. En Kadhale from Duet. ARR + SPB + sax = treat. No beats for this, just a soft piano accompanying the tune. The sax plays effortlessly with the lines. You could listen to this a thousand times and not be bored.
4. Kadhalikkum Pennin Kaigal from Kadhalan. One of the peppiest songs I’ve heard in my life. Many people complain about Udit not pronouncing the words well, but as far as I’m concerned… he’s THE right choice for this song!
3. Uyire from Bombay. Melody for you. The best song by Hariharan. The sorrow and agony this song depicts is pure magic. ARR at his best.
2. Aaromale from VTV. What a different composition! Amazing energy by Alphonse! This was looping through my playlist more than a hundred times when VTV first released. Fantastic feel, just… fantastic.
1. Oh Vennila from Kadal Desam. This is a really, really strange choice for number one, but I’ve been addicted to this ARR masterpiece for years now, and am not bored of it yet! What a rendering by Unnikrishnan! The sitar is outstanding, as is the soft rythm coupled with the chime-ish songs going through the song. Brilliant, just brilliant.
So.. what do you think? Do you like the list or hate it? Do you feel some other songs should be in it?
Click here for my list of top ten Hindi songs by A.R.Rahman.