This list chronicles the best albums of the progressive metal band Amorphis.
1. Elegy: A perfect blend of clean passages and death metal ones in equal unison leads to a psychedelic masterpiece that has never been topped by the band. The album remains constantly interesting and incorporates elements like piano and saxophone in manners that the band hadn’t previously.
2. Tales From the Thousand Lakes: This is a classic album of the genre that has many memorable and catchy songs strewn throughout it. The folk tendencies of the band are incorporated here, but it has decidedly entirely death metal vocals throughout.
3. Am Universum: This album has a jazzy feel to it that makes it unique in the Amorphis discography. Many people don’t particularly care for this album, but it is one of the more interesting things the band has done, in my opinion.
4. Silent Waters: This is one of the more recent releases of the band that has a more streamlined appeal, but solid production and a few songs that stand out nicely for the pack. It ushered an interesting new era for the band.
5. Tie: Skyforger: Another quality recent album for the band that is full of well-written and glossy, yet compelling. The songs are vibrant and full of life, unlike the most recent album The Beginning of Times, which is tepid, uninteresting, lazy and easily the band’s worst.
Tie: Tuonela: Another great album that has a similar style to that of Am Universum. There are passages of jazz to be found and it’s quite consistent overall. On the whole, this is another great album for the